Specialty License Plate
You can help prevent child abuse by proudly displaying the official Children’s Trust Fund (CTF) license plate on your vehicle. CTF plates feature the distinctive child’s green hand prints logo & a ‘prevent child abuse’ message.
Ten thousand active CTF plates equates to $250,000 annually that would be distributed back into local prevention programs throughout the state & support CTF grant activities. [Download the flier]
You do this:
To purchase a CTF specialty license plate, make an annual contribution of $25 or more to CTF by:
- Making a credit card donation online at www.ctf4kids.org or by calling 1-888-826-KIDS (5437)
- Sending a check or money order to Children’s Trust Fund, P. O. Box 1641, Jefferson City, MO 65102-1641; or
- Making your CTF donation & paying all othe required fees with one check at any DOR license office.
Your entire CTF donation can be designated to a CTF License Plate Partner by providing their name or county on your check mailed to CTF, choosing a partner during the online donation process or contacting CTF.
If you qualify for a two-year license registration, a $50 minimum donation must be made to CTF. Contact your local Missouri Department of Revenue (DOR) license office for more information.
We do this:
Upon receipt of a check or online donation, CTF will send you:
- Your ‘logo use authorization’ statement (donation receipt)
- An application for personalized license plates (DOR 1716) for any new plate request.
You do this next:
- Submit all required paperwork (DOR 1716 application if required, logo use authorization statement, annual DOR $15 plate fee) to your local DOR license office or mail it to the Missouri Department of Revenue, Driver and Vehicle Services Bureau, P. O. Box 100, Jefferson City, MO 65105-0100 (573-526-3669).
DOR will notify you by mail when your plates are available for pickup at your local license office. All questions about processing your application should be directed to DOR.
Just so you know:
- You may order CTF plates at any time regardless of your current license plate expiration date; however, all CTF plates will be assigned a July renewal date, and DOR will prorate any fees accordingly.
- If you currently have personalized plates, your ‘message’ can be transferred to the CTF plates.
- For a personal ‘message’, CTF plates allow 6 characters for regular plates, 5 characters for motorcycle plates & 4 characters for disabled plates.
- Whether applying for or renewing CTF plates, an annual DOR $15 personalized plate fee is assessed. If renewing for two years, $30 will be assessed.