Specialty License Plate
You can help prevent child abuse by proudly displaying the official Children’s Trust Fund (CTF) license plate on your vehicle. CTF plates feature a child’s green hand prints along with a ‘Prevent Child Abuse’ message.
License Plate Partner donations are now used to support CTF’s Safe Sleep Grant Program, which serves counties throughout Missouri, providing families with safe cribs and education about infant safe sleep. Sleep-related infant death is the leading cause of infant mortality, so your donation is working to save lives.[Download the flier]
You do this:
To purchase a CTF specialty license plate, make an annual contribution of $25 or more to CTF by:
- Making a credit card donation online at www.ctf4kids.org or by calling 1-888-826-KIDS (5437)
- Sending a check or money order to Children’s Trust Fund, P. O. Box 1641, Jefferson City, MO 65102-1641; or
- Making your CTF donation & paying all other required fees with one check at any DOR license office.
If you qualify for a two-year license registration, a $50 minimum donation must be made to CTF. Contact your local Missouri Department of Revenue (DOR) license office for more information.
We do this:
Upon receipt of a check or online donation, CTF will send you:
- Your ‘logo use authorization’ statement (donation receipt)
- An application for personalized license plates (DOR 1716) for any new plate request.
You do this next:
- Submit all required paperwork (DOR 1716 application if required, logo use authorization statement, annual DOR $15 plate fee) to your local DOR license office or mail it to the Missouri Department of Revenue, Driver and Vehicle Services Bureau, P. O. Box 100, Jefferson City, MO 65105-0100 (573-526-3669).
DOR will notify you by mail when your plates are available for pickup at your local license office. All questions about processing your application should be directed to DOR.
Just so you know:
- You may order CTF plates at any time regardless of your current license plate expiration date; however, all CTF plates will be assigned a July renewal date, and DOR will prorate any fees accordingly.
- If you currently have personalized plates, your ‘message’ can be transferred to the CTF plates.
- For a personal ‘message’, CTF plates allow 6 characters for regular plates, 5 characters for motorcycle plates & 4 characters for disabled plates.
- Whether applying for or renewing CTF plates, an annual DOR $15 personalized plate fee is assessed. If renewing for two years, $30 will be assessed.