April is Child Abuse Prevention Month! It is a month when many activities are planned in communities throughout the state to increase awareness about the importance of preventing child abuse and neglect and show support for Missouri’s kids. It also serves as a time to remember those who have suffered, as well as a reminder to continue the important work to help kids and families be safe and strong. We encourage you to inspire change and get involved:
- Download the 2010 Strengthening Families and Communities Resource Guide.
- Join us for Go Blue Day, Friday, April 16 by wearing blue to show your support for prevention.
- Help us celebrate April by supporting Pinwheels For Prevention.
- Post your community prevention activity online by completing the event survey.
- Check out the electronic tool kit for additional resources.
- Print 10 Ways to Help Prevent Child Abuse.
- Visit the 2010 National Child Abuse Prevention Month website to find resources and strategies for engaging communities and supporting families.
- Phone ParentLink’s Warmline (1-800-552-8522) for parenting information and support.
Prevention makes cents and sense. Thank you for making it a priority in April and throughout the year.