The 2016 Prevention Resource Guide – Building Community, Building Hope is now available to download. The resource guide is produced annually by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Children’s Bureau, Office on Child Abuse and Neglect, Child Welfare Information Gateway, and FRIENDS National Resource Center to support community-based child abuse prevention professionals who work to prevent child maltreatment and promote well-being. The 2016 guide was developed with input from numerous national organizations, federal partners, and parents committed to strengthening families and communities.
Released in preparation for April – National Child Abuse Prevention Month, this guide provides information that anyone can use and share throughout the year including:
– information about the protective factors known to prevent child abuse;
– understanding child maltreatment;
– tools to help build community awareness and support;
– tip sheets for parents in English & Spanish; and
– activity calendars for Child Abuse Prevention Month.