Home visiting mitigates Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) by increasing family and child resilience and empowering parents to raise healthy, strong children in the face of adversity.
— Expanding and Enhancing Home Visiting in Missouri (March 2019)
What is it? Home Visiting is a prevention strategy that connects trained health, social services and child development professionals with new and expected parents to provide education on parenting and child development, build social support and facilitate connections to community services.
• Improves maternal and child health
• Encourages positive parenting
• Promotes child development and school readiness
• Improves family economic self-sufficiency
• Prevents child maltreatment
Maternal Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) – mchb.hrsa.gov