With less than one month remaining, we hope that you are making plans to attend the state Child Abuse Neglect Prevention Conference April 2-4, 2013 at the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Jefferson City, hosted by the Children’s Trust Fund. This year’s theme, The New River Story, will explore how spirit, science, and action all play an equally important role in preventing child maltreatment effectively. We are very excited about being able to offer prominent national and state speakers at a very affordable price. Registration is only $95 for the 3-day event and CEU’s are available! Plenary speakers include:
- Jeff Linkenbach, Ed.D., Montana State University; Montana Institute; & Most of Us.Org
- Robert Sege, M.D., Boston Medical Center
- Dr. Robert W. Block, M.D., Immediate Past President of the American Academy of Pediatrics;
- Martha Reeder, National Alliance of Children’s Trust & Prevention Funds
- Rev. Starsky D. Wilson, Deaconess Foundation;
- Kelly Schutz, Missouri Office of Child Advocate
- and motivational speaker John O’Leary from Rising Above!
Workshops include Building Positive Community Norms in Prevention; early brain development and cognitive functioning; Mental Health First Aid; ACEs Study; New Science to Inform & Advance Prevention; Applying Spirit, Science, & Action to Child Maltreatment Prevention; Child Sexual Abuse Prevention; promising approaches for community based prevention; incorporating the Strengthening Families Protective Factors; effective strategic planning using the logic model; positive parenting for fathers; co-occurrence of domestic violence & child abuse; improving child outcomes through strengthening relationships, and much, much more!
Thank you to the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services, the Missouri Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and Learfield Communications for helping to support this conference through partial sponsorship of our keynote presenters.
For questions pertaining to the conference contact Alicia by e-mail or (573)751-5147. This is an event that only occurs every two years so you won’t want to miss this training and networking opportunity. Thank you and we hope to see you April 2 in Jefferson City!