The National Alliance of Children’s Trust and Prevention Funds is pleased to make available a series of free online training courses to support implementation of the Strengthening Families™ Protective Factors Framework in multiple settings. The program was developed through support from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation and ZERO TO THREE and in collaboration with the Center for the Study of Social Policy. The curriculum includes 7 separate modules:
- Introduction to the Protective Factors
- Concrete Support in Times of Need
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Parental Resilience
- Social Connections
- Social and Emotional Competence
- Moving from Knowledge to Action: Wrap-up Course
Each module/course includes:
- Purpose and learning objectives for the course
- Definition and explanation of the protective factor
- Definition and explanation of program strategy (or strategies)
- Individualized Action Plan (IAP) work
In addition, each course includes a number of quizzes, activities and reflective questions. With a mix of written text, video and audio clips and opportunities to interact with the material, the courses are designed to keep the learner engaged. An online forum on the course site will allow learners to interact with each other, ask questions about what they are learning and respond to others’ questions. Users will be able to print a portfolio that includes their responses to all questions and their Individualized Action Plan detailing changes they intend to make in their work with children and families as a result of what they learned.
For more details about the online training courses, click here or click on the Protective Factors Training web button (right hand column).