The Missouri Children’s Trust Fund (CTF) Board of Directors awards grant funds designed to support child abuse and neglect prevention efforts in Missouri. Notices of available funding for all CTF programs will be posted on this webpage.
> Capacity Building Evaluation Consultation – available for Fiscal Year 2020
The Missouri Children’s Trust Fund (CTF) is seeking a consultant to assist CTF staff in evaluating the capacity building projects funded by CTF.
Consultant will work with CTF to:
- Administer capacity building assessments to approximately ten grantees;
- Provide technical assistance to grantees on capacity building evaluation; and
- Write final evaluation report on capacity building progress of grantees.
OCTOBER 8, 2019 – Proposals are due to CTF by close of business (5:00 p.m.)
October 22, 2019 – Notice of award will be made on or before this date.
This contract will be paid based on an all-inclusive hourly rate of actual hours. The contract period will begin December 1, 2019 and end June 30, 2022.
Proposals shall not exceed two pages in length and will respond to the following:
- What are the applicant’s individual and/or agency experience in working on evaluating child abuse prevention programs?
- Please identify the primary individual(s) who will work on this project and describe their academic and professional background related to evaluation.
- What is the methodology that the applicant would use to accomplish the scope of work?
- Why is the applicant interested in working with CTF and/or on the issue of child abuse and neglect prevention?
- Please include a budget, including all-inclusive hourly rate, and estimate of hours needed to complete tasks outline in scope of work.
Completed proposals must be emailed to Laura Malzner at email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on October 8, 2019. Selection will be based on best and lowest bid. Further inquiries may be made to Laura by email or by calling 573.751.6511/5147.
> Capacity Building Grants Initiative Funding Opportunity – available for Fiscal Year 2020
The Missouri Children’s Trust Fund (CTF) Board of Directors is pleased to announce the availability of funding designed to increase providers’ capacity to prevent child abuse and neglect by improving:
- Collaboration through Collective Impact
- Operational capacity
- Financial management
- Board leadership
- Strategic planning
- Program development
- Resource development
- Community engagement
CTF anticipates up to $240,000 in Fiscal Year 2020 (January 1 – June 30, 2020) for projects designed to support eligible agencies/organizations in building their capacity to prevent child abuse and neglect. Projects proposing to build capacity in their community/region through Collective Impact will receive favorable consideration; however, organizations proposing non-collective impact capacity building efforts are also encouraged to apply. Funding is available to support up to two additional years for applicable projects.
Click here to access the CTF Capacity Building Letter of Intent (LOI) template: CTF will accept Letters of Intent to apply through October 1, 2019.
Click here to access the CTF Capacity Building Request for Application (RFA): Full applications will be solicited by invitation only. Invitations to submit a full application will follow the review of Letters of Intent.
For further information about the Capacity Building funding opportunity or content of this RFA, please contact Laura K. Malzner, Program Director, at 573-751-6511 or Laura.Malzner@oa.mo.gov.
Please direct questions about CTF child abuse and neglect prevention funding to the CTF Program Staff:
Helpful Resources and Articles
FRIENDS National Resource Center for Community Based Child Abuse Prevention. https://www.friendsnrc.org/
Child Welfare Information Gateway. Prevention Evidence-Based Practice Registries. https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/management/practice-improvement/evidence/registries-resources/registries/prevention/
California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare. http://www.cebc4cw.org/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Strategies. https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childmaltreatment/prevention.html
The Balance. How to Write Goals and SMART Objectives for Your Grant Proposal. https://www.thebalance.com/writing-goals-for-grant-proposal-2501951