Child abuse prevention is important to every Missouri citizen, and it is the Children’s Trust Fund’s (CTF) goal to support children and their families in leading healthy, happy and productive lives.
CTF does not receive any general revenue funding from the State to support its prevention activities. Funding is obtained from dedicated fees on marriage licenses and vital records, volunteer contributions designated on Missouri State Income Tax Returns, sales of the specialty CTF license plate, general donations, and interest income from the Fund. CTF also administers the Community Based Child Abuse Prevention (CBCAP) federal grant.
The need is real… children in Missouri are at risk. Prevention is the key.
The human and economic costs of child abuse are substantial, but most of all, the act of child abuse is the ultimate injustice and should not be tolerated. With your commitment to prevention, together we can make a difference for our children…our future.
- Want a license to care? For an annual donation of $25, you can promote the importance of child abuse and neglect prevention by purchasing a CTF specialty license plate. The exposure of the tags generates awareness, and the funds collected support prevention programs throughout Missouri.
- Getting a tax refund? Check off child abuse. Look for the handprints on your Missouri State Income Tax Return and designate any amount over $2 to CTF by checking the box to contribute through the Tax Check-off Program. Your contribution may either be deducted from your refund or added to the amount owed.
- General donation. Give throughout the year. Please remember that CTF is a non-profit 501c(3) entity, so your contribution is tax deductible.
- Matching gift contributions. Speak with your company’s human resources department to find out if can Double the Donation (see related information at the bottom of this page). Your company may agree to match employee donations made to CTF.
- Tributes, In Honor, Memorials. To make a tribute to someone/something, or to honor someone special or the memory of a loved one, consider designating CTF as the recipient of tribute, honorary or memorial donations.
- Missouri State Employee Charitable Campaign (MSECC). Through MSECC, Missouri State employees may designate contributions to specific charitable organizations such as CTF through a payroll deduction method.
- Reach out to Missouri legislators. Talk to your State Senator or State Representative about funding for child abuse and neglect prevention, strengthening families and support for CTF.
- Get involved in prevention activities. CTF can help identify programs in your community that support child abuse prevention.
- Shop Amazon Smile. The Amazon Smile program is Sign up on Amazon.com for their Smile campaign and designate Missouri Children’s Trust Fund Board as your chosen recipient. Every time you shop through the Amazon Smile portal, a portion of our purchase price will e given to CTF t no additional cost.
- Give on #GivingTuesday. CTF has become a #GivingTuesday partner to encourage families and individuals to be generous in whatever ways matter to them, whether that means volunteering at a local charity or donating to a favorite cause.
Thank you! Strong Families, Safe Kids