The 2016/2017 Prevention Resource Guide: Building Community, Building Hope was created primarily to support community-based child abuse prevention professionals who work to prevent child maltreatment and promote well-being.
The resource guide is produced annually by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Children’s Bureau Office on Child Abuse and Neglect, Child Welfare Information Gateway, and FRIENDS National National Center For Community Based Child Abuse Prevention to support child abuse prevention professionals in their work, to prevent child maltreatment and promote well-being of children and families.
Released in preparation for April – National Child Abuse Prevention Month, the guide provides information that anyone can use and share throughout the year including:
– information about the protective factors known to prevent child abuse;
– understanding child maltreatment;
– tools to help build community awareness and support;
– tip sheets for parents in English & Spanish; and
– activity calendars for Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Content is available in both English and Spanish. An electronic copy may be downloaded here.